Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jazzed Up Swim Suit Coverup

I had an idea...


So, I found myself some fabric...




OK this is a shirt that I fell in love with for fifty cents and realized I do not look good in. I refused to get rid of it because I love the fabric. Duh- use it for something!



Added ruffles to the pocket and drew up a birdie for the applique...

Next I used wonder under to attach the bird and a zigzag stitch to finish the edges...
Finally, I used embroidery floss to create little birdie legs...


All done. Well not quite...Need to redo the stitching on the applique. Our Home EC teacher always warned us that she would give a speeding tickets for sewing too fast. It turns out you have to go slow when you are doing curves with a contrast thread!

The top is looking pretty plain. What to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment