Monday, June 28, 2010

Twirly Skirt and Getting Over It...

I found the tutorial for this super cute skirt over at House on Hill Road. (Pretty sure I would love living this life!~ but am thankful of the life I have)




Kiley has a thing for owls. We went and picked out the fabric for this in April. I cut the skirt out the same day. AND there it sat for TWO MONTHS! (How embarrassing!)

In talking to my friend Jodi, I realized why there are so many things I want to do, but never do. I have a fear of making mistakes. I am afraid that I will try something and it won't work, it will look funny, or I won't love it... I tend to get the materials all ready for a project and then let it sit.



Guess what!? I went for it! I made plenty of mistakes on this project, but figured out how to fix them, cover them up or let them go!



For example:
OOPS! This did not lay flat, so I made some felt hearts to cover it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment