Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Embellish Me, Please: Pretty Towel Tutorial for You!

I mentioned in the quicky gift of bread post that my intentions were to make some pretty little towels to keep on hand for emergency gift giving situations.

Well, I got a jump start today when my sweet baby was taking nap. (OK he is six, so not a baby, but he is my baby and he is sicker than sick. BOO. :( ) By jump start, I mean two towels. See...


As you can see, I thought I was going to be making a gross of towels...


I used the towels on the right and fabric from my stash you could use scraps. (Kiley recently became interested in fabric and sewing, so my scrap drawer is looking pretty sad...)

Cut strips of fabric that are as long as the width (plus an inch or two) of your towel and about 3 inches wide.


Fold the edge over and press. Sew.

Pin your fabric to your towel. I use a ruler to keep it even.


Sew the fabric strip to your towel. Make sure your edges are folded over the side of the towel and and tucked under...
The second towel is just ric rac sewn to a towel with a basic fabric flower pinned on.
I decided these two cuties would look great with the fun clothespin magnets I made.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment