Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Should Have Brought Dip

Jesse and I were invited to a St. Patrick's Day party this weekend. I thought I would bake something for a change. I am not a baker. I am a cook. Baking is systematic and measuring is important. Cooking is random. You can fake it with cooking.
The kids helped me make these rainbow cupcakes. The recipe and idea came from Family Fun Magazine. (I still am failing to see how this is fun.) I am not a baker.



So after hours of messing around with these, I was pretty pleased with the results. We even made our own frosting! (And yes, it was fun because the kids were so excited.)
We get to the party and wouldn't you know there were cupcakes everywhere! Two other clever ladies had decided to bring cupcakes. Honestly, when was the last time you went to an adult party that had cupcakes?! Who knew? I should have just made dip! (If you don't know me, I am being dramatic for drama's sake...)

No comments:

Post a Comment