Sunday, March 21, 2010

Repuropsed Candle Sticks

I finally got around to the candle stick two tier tray project. Here is the fantastic tutorial from Two Shades of Pink.

Here is a picture of my completed project:

I did make one change to the project...

Instead of using Gorilla Glue to attach the plates to the candle sticks, I used Gorilla Glue to attach Velcro to the plates and the candle sticks.

Here was my thinking:
~ I wanted to be able to bring this puppy places. It will travel better if I can break it down.
~ I love dishes, plates, and color. I could never pick just one color scheme/ design for this project. I would want 100 of these darn things and just don't have the space. Now every time I find a set of plates that I love, I can just buy two, add Velcro, and use the same base.

If you choose to do the "add Velcro method," make sure you buy a candle stick with a solid bottom!


I just realized I need to make a black base... just in case!

2 comments:

  1. Um, helllloooooo? Why did you not tell me you did this AMAZING two tiered plate??? IT'S GORGEOUS! And velcro? Brilliance, I tell you. Also, your rainbow cupcake post cracked me up. I am a baker not a cook. I need to be precise. We should get together and teach each other! Your blog rocks fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Thanks. (I'm two months late on the thank you...) Next time I do a project, I will be sure to show you. (It could be a while. I am drowning in school and house work... boo hoo)

    ReplyDelete