Sunday, March 28, 2010

Morning Has Broken...

I cherish the quiet of a weekend morning. I love sipping (OK chugging) away at my coffee, praying, reading, snooping around on the computer or just being alone with my thoughts. What could be better?


That moment when the quiet is broken and the house comes to life. It really is just a moment...but it happens so gently and so beautifully.


Yesterday it came in the form of medium-sized feet padding up the stairs accompanied by the rattle of "Lamby" and then Kiley's beautifully messy hair appeared at the top of the steps. Without a word she joined me on the couch and looked at me with her beautiful eyes indicating she wanted scratchies. (Her back scratching terminology.) We didn't speak for quite some time. Just enjoyed the moment.

Today, Jesse and Kiley left the house while I was half awake and half asleep, so that doesn't count. (They were actually quite loud) When the house became quiet again, the morning was reset...


Small feet came creeping up the steps. Tate's kissy lips and little face peeked around the corner. A little half snort half laugh came out mouth and he ran to the "magic spot." After laying there for a moment he realized the heat was not on he came to me and whispered, "Warm me up, Mama."


I treasure these moments and love that I have the opportunity to expereince them with both of my lovelies!



(The "Magic Spot" is the rug in front of the heat vent in the kitchen. The kids love to have breakfast here. Tate was convinced that our kitchen was broken the first time he discovered it without heat.)


1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! Tate just is so funny!
    Sincerely,
    Your Neighbor Nicole :D

    ReplyDelete